Re: OWL Reference Description for F2F 3

On June 18, Peter F. Patel-Schneider writes:

> Here are my comments on the draft version.
>
> peter
>
> PS: I will not be at the face to face.
>

> 		Comments on ``Reference Description''
>

> The new reference description is a good start, but I think that it
> needs lots of work before it can be even a working draft.  I enclose a
> list of comments.  Many of these comments concern changes from
> DAML+OIL to OWL or problems with the previous version of the document, not
> problems introduced into the document by the current round of editing.
>

> The title of the document does not correspond to its contents.  The
> document is really an informal description of the OWL language, not a
> reference description.  A better title is probably ``Language
> Description.''

Moreover, seeing this document alongside the features synopsis
document raises questions about the relationship between the two.
There certainly seems to be significant overlap, e.g., both provide
informal descriptions of the language with examples, sometimes the
same (more or less) examples.

[snip]

> The comment on multiple restrictions in a single restriction element
> is wrong.  The effect is to equate the two restrictions, not form the
> intersection.

I think that it is even worse - the effect is to equate the
restrictions resulting from all possible combinations of properties
and restriction-types.

Ian