WOWG: Fwd: First public WD of "Architectural Principles of the World Wide Web"

Forwarded with sender's permission:

>Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:52:21 -0400
>From: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
>To: chairs@w3.org
>Subject: First public WD of "Architectural Principles of the World Wide Web"
>
>Dear Chairs,
>
>I'm pleased to announce the publication of the first public
>Working Draft of "Architectural Principles of the
>World Wide Web" [1].
>
>From the abstract:
>
>  "The World Wide Web is a networked information system. Web
>  Architecture is the set of principles that all agents in
>  the system follow to create the large-scale effect of a shared
>  information space. Identification, data formats, and protocols
>  are the main technical components of Web Architecture, but the
>  large-scale effect depends on social behavior as well.
>
>  "This document strives to establish a reference set of
>  principles for Web architecture."
>
>You are invited to comment on this document on the TAG's
>public mailing list (www-tag@w3.org).
>
>Thank you,
>
>  _ Ian
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-webarch-20020830/

I found this document an interesting and important read, and
recommend it to all of you to (it is explicitely aimed at members of
W3C WGs).  I don't think we have time to ask someone to do a group
review, but let me encourage you all to send your comments (including
positive ones) to the TAG public list -- if you think our mail
archive is contentious -- you should see theirs!
  -JH
p.s. My personal thanks to Dan C for managing to keep our group going
while getting the TAG stuff out as well - thanks Dan!