Re: proposals for the underlying principles of OWL

Dan,

You've lost me - I don't understand why you think dropping "equivalentTo"
will prevent you from specifying unique mappings from "property" values to
individuals, ie. a 1:1 mapping from a state code to a state.

If, in your example, statecode is a "owl:property" that is both functional
and inversefunctional, you will get this mapping.  Is that not what you
want?

-ChrisW

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr.
Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055
Fax: +1 914.784.6078, Email: welty@us.ibm.com

Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Sent by: www-webont-wg-request@w3.org
08/28/2002 01:09 PM