Re: Minutes of WebOnt Meeting August 22, 2002 9:00-10:30 am pacific time

Ian Horrocks wrote:

> On August 23, Deborah McGuinness writes:
> >
> > Who owns the write permission on the log file?
> > can i as scribe ask for the line i typed
> > "flipped a coin and picked manchester"
> > and be replaced by the line jim typed
> > ""consider it as if we flipped a coin and picked Manchester"
> >
> > on jim's point below on appearing to choose boston, i think people were
> > objecting to the fact that boston as a suggested (and very likely) fwf6
> > location was being taken into consideration after the online poll and it
> > appeared to influence the choice of manchester.
>
> Deb,
>
> The WG agreed to let the chairs decide about f2f5. The factors that
> may or may not have influenced the chairs' decision are not relevant.
>
> > at least this was one of my reasons for dissatisfaction with the process and
> > one thing I had not anticipated when during the previous telecon, there was
> > a suggestion to let the chairs make the decision.

sorry - i should have been clearer when i stated a suggestion was made.  When the
suggestion was made, i would have not remained silent if i had thought things not
covered in the online poll would be taken into consideration that would possibly
make a big difference over what I thought was the feeling - that ny won online and
that there was a split (8-7) in the quick straw poll in the call.
Because I and others remained silent and thus no one protested the suggestion,
that led to the decision that was made.

when i mentioned suggestion in my email above, i was referring to the time that it
was a suggestion and to the time that I should have thought more carefully before
allowing it to be a decision without voicing my concerns and thus allowing it to
move to a decision.

I will not do that again.