Re: proposal for working on the ontology language

At 11:27 AM -0500 12/11/01, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

>2/ Syntax
>
>    Changes to the model theory for DAML+OIL may make a different syntax for
>    DAML+OIL more attractive, or, alternatively, make the current syntax
>    less attractive.  I think that it would be better to divide DAML+OIL
>    into two parts---the RDF part and the non-RDF part.  The RDF part would,
>    I think, best retain the RDF syntax, but the non-RDF part might be
>    better put in a different syntax.

Peter - this is an interesting idea, perhaps you could give a short
precis to the group as to what you have in mind.

At 11:27 AM -0500 12/11/01, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>I am volunteering to work on all three of these topics, and, moreover, to
>do whatever coordination is needed to get others who will put significant
>work into these topics to work well together.  The goal would be to put
>something together at least one week before the face-to-face so that the
>entire working group can discuss it at the face-to-face.
>
>Who else is interested in doing significant work on this?

Thanks for volunteering Peter, I think coming to the f2f w/a proposal
is a good idea - I'm hoping we come out of the f2f ready to really
get going full stream on language issues, and this seems like a good
way to jump start this process.
  -JH
--
Prof. James Hendler			Director, Semantic Web and
Agent Technology