Re: review of XML in 10 points [was: AGENDA...]

"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
[...]
> As of 13 November 2001 time several relevant W3C groups were in existence,
> including the Semantic Web Coordination Group, the RDF Core Working Group,
> and the Web Ontology Working Group, but I do not believe that the paragraph
> was passed by any of them for comments until yesterday.

And then only because you happened to notice it, not
really because we invited review...

>  Now I hear that
> this document is supposed to be printed in large numbers this weekend for
> distribution next week.  Wouldn't it have been nice to give those who might
> know something about the topic more time to work on a better wording?

Yes, it would. Your point is well made. But again, it's not
constructive. I don't have a time machine to go back
and do that.

If you feel that disseminating this information in this
form would cause more harm than good -- and I might agree --
I can probably kill the idea of printing it and handing
it out at the conference.

Or I could probably get the RDF/SW stuff deleted from
"XML in 10 points" altogether before it's printed.

Or you could phone me and we could work on better wording
urgently (50 min left in my workday today). There's
some chance of working on it tomorrow.

There are any number of ways to move forward; I'll
see what I can do about them.

But please let's trust that everybody's doing their
level best here, OK? There are a lot of working
groups, a lot of conferences, and a lot of web
pages to keep in sync.