Re: QSD description for DAV:contains in DAV:basicsearchschema

Javier Godoy wrote:

> Julian,
>
> Section 5.19.8 of draft-reschke-webdav-search-14 requires that "All
> optional operators that are supported MUST be listed in the
> DAV:operators element. The listing for an operator consists of the
> operator (as an empty element), followed by one element for each
> operand. The operand MUST be either DAV:operand-property,
> DAV:operand-literal or DAV:operand-typed-literal (...)"
>
> But the optional operator DAV:contains cannot be described in these
> terms, because
> its content model is defined to be (#PCDATA) and there is no operand
> descriptor for #PCDATA content.

That's correct.

I just checked why I didn't catch this when I implemented QSD in my
server, and of course it's because it doesn't supports DAV:contains.

> Is there any conforming way of describing DAV:contains?

One could argue that the character data isn't a "positional" parameter,
and thus doesn't need to be listed (kind of weak, I agree). That would
make it:

> IMHO, a possible solution would be defining a "DAV:operand-pcdata"
> element, so the following construct would be valid:
>
>  <opdesc xmlns='DAV:'>
>    <contains/>
>    <operand-pcdata>
>  </opdesc>

I just tried that, but it would require some cleanup in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html#rfc.section.5.19.8>
-- do you want propose text for that?

Otherwise I'd propose to stick with the simpler proposal; describe it in
one sentence, and add it to the example in
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html#rfc.section.5.19.9>.

BR, Julian