Fw: I-D Action:draft-godoy-webdav-xmlsearch-00.txt

Maybe it is too early for thinking about generic-structure queries, but I
believe it is worthwhile to explore this topic and draft an experimental
approach.

I'm thinking about a WebDAV enabled repository, where each file has metadata
descriptors. Descriptors may be repeated, hence they could not be properties
by themselves
and have to be wrapped within a container property. The drawback of using a
wrapper property is that one cannot query some metadata fields, because
DAV:basicsearch deals only with properties as a whole.

The solution I propose is a new search grammar (based on DAV:basicsearch),
which also allows XPath expressions for "filtering" XML content. Several
features are OPTIONAL in order to
adapt the expression power (and the costs of supporting this grammar) to the
requierments of each use-case, while having an interoperable grammar.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Javier Godoy