Re: Area Director feedback on draft-reschke-webdav-search-15 re supported query complexity

Julian Reschke wrote:
> 2) Supported query complexity
>
> The security considerations allow a server to reject queries due to
> their complexity
> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-15.html#rfc.section.7>).
> Is there any kind of minimum we can require servers to support?
In my opinion nothing is needed to address this.  For one thing, the
security concern, as stated, applies to all query grammars, not just
basic search, so if the spec addresses it, it either has to say
something so general as to be useless, or it can say something about
basic search alone.  And if we did state a minimum, would it be a SHOULD
or a MUST?  If a MUST, we'd have to set it fairly low, wouldn't we?

--
Jim Davis
http://www.econetwork.net/~jdavis