SEARCH by last path segment, Was: SEARCH for displayname

Wallmer, Martin wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> with the introduction of BIND one resource with its singular set of
> properties may be reached through several URIs,
> http://my.server.com/slide/reports/report-03-2003.pdf and
> http://localhost/myContext/myDrafts/draft.pdf might point to the same
> physical resource. So you have two "last path segments",
> report-03-2003.pdf and draft.pdf. Which one is the one to put into the
> <lastpathsegment> property?
> You could somehow put a list of segements into that property, our
> resource could have something like:
>
> <d:lastpathsegments>
>   <d:segment>report-03-2003.pdf<d:/segment>
>   <d:segment>draft.pdf<d:/segment>
> </d:lastpathsegments>
>
> but then you need a way to access sub-elements of the property. But the
> value of a property is a string (ok, may be integer). We currently have
> no XML valued properties.
>
> So for my opinion the last path segment deals best with the scope. I
> agree, it should be an optional feature at the first glance.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

In fact we briefly talked about a similar proposal (with the difference
of adding a specific new operator instead of a pseudo-element). So the
discussion whether this belongs into the scope or into the query doesn't
rely on it being a property of the resource.

Julian