RE: Proposed resolution for issue "score-pseudo-property"

Hi.

I note that the solution that's currently in (see below) does not take into
account the theoretical case where ordering by DAV:score is to be combined
with ordering by a specific property value. In the previous dratft, one
could have used:

<d:orderby>
  <d:order>
    <d:prop><d:score/></d:prop>
    <d:ascending/>
  </d:order>
  <d:order>
    <d:prop><d:getcontentlength/></d:prop>
    <d:descending/>
  </d:order>
</d:orderby>

...which isn't possible anymore.

If this is a problem, we can use the following format instead:

<d:orderby>
  <d:order>
    <d:score/>
    <d:ascending/>
  </d:order>
  <d:order>
    <d:prop><d:getcontentlength/></d:prop>
    <d:descending/>
  </d:order>
</d:orderby>

So do we need the ability to sort by score *and* other properties at the
same time? I honestly can't tell, because our implementation doesn't support
DAV:contains.

Feedback appreciated.

Julian

st.html#rf