RE: Proposed resolution for issue "score-pseudo-property"

OK,

here's the (first part) of the proposed change for DAV:score:

a) remove the current section about DAV:score

b) to the section about DAV:contains, add:

---
5.14.1  Result scoring (DAV:score element)

Servers SHOULD indicate scores for the DAV:contains condition by adding a
DAV:score XML element to the DAV:response element. It's value is defined
only in the context of a particular query result. The value is a string
representing the score, an integer from zero to 10000 inclusive, where a
higher value indicates a higher score (e.g. more relevant).

Modified DTD fragment for DAV:propstat:

<!ELEMENT response (href, ((href*, status)|(propstat+)),
                    responsedescription?, score?) >
<!ELEMENT score    (#PCDATA) >

Clients should note that, in general, it is not meaningful to compare the
numeric values of scores from two different query results unless both were
executed by the same underlying search system on the same collection of
resources.
---

I'll approach the DAV:nresults vs. DAV:order-by issue separately.

Julian