RE: JW2a, JW2b: Search Arbiter resource

Why would we want to force DASL search arbiters to be WebDAV compliant? The
purpose of the arbiter is solely to provide search capabilities for WebDAV
stores. This does not seem to require that the arbiter itself be WebDAV
compliant.

I also do not believe that there will be any interoperability problems with
down level clients as such clients MUST NOT make any functional assumptions
regarding a resource which does not return a DAV compliance header in its
OPTIONS response. Since DASL arbiters are not required to return the DAV
header then there is no danger that down level clients can become confused.

Even if the DASL search arbiter is in a DAV tree there should still be no
problem as WebDAV clients are already required to deal with the situation
that the child of a DAV compliant resource may not necessarily be itself DAV
compliant.

As Alan says, it is fine for a DASL search arbiter to be DAV compliant. It
just shouldn't be required.

		Yaron