RE: use of DAV namespace

I don't see a drop-dead problem with this, if we're going to allow, as
you say, that WebDAV XML cannot in general be validated.

The DASL use of DAV:and will be within DASL containers like
<DAV:basicsearch> (or is it simplesearch)?  Versioning will use it
within DAV:basicrsr I think.  There is sufficient context for it to be
clear which is meant.

Actually, it may be even better than that, if we're careful:  if we can
make sure the meaning of the versioning DAV:and consistent with the DASL
DAV:and.

In general, you point out a really useful consideration, which is to be
aware of what XML properties all other DAV WGs are defining.  It's too
late to wait until they're proposed standards, when it's so easy to deal
with it earlier.

Lisa Lippert