Re: Can DASL define new tags in the DAV namespace

Jim Whitehead wrote:
> Since the DAV: URI space is reserved for use by the WebDAV specification,
> revisions to the WebDAV specification, and by related WebDAV specifications
> (section 17 of the -08 WebDAV DA draft), I think it is very appropriate for
> DASL to make use of the DAV: URI space.

I think that the whole idea of namespaces is also there
to allow for DTD versioning. It would be a bad idea, IMHO,
to change WebDAV DTDs (by e.g. including DASL-specific tags)
*after* publishing the original WebDAV DTD spec, because
it would blur the usefulness of DTDs for WebDAV XML parsing
in general. You shouldn't have to replace existing, standards-
conforming DTDs in your local installation just to be able to
take advantage of extension features.

I would thus strongly favor separate namespaces for each non-core
WebDAV extension.

Yours,
Markus.