RE: no Versioning or Variants

I think I am the only one pushing in the opposite direction.  And only
because variants can exist today, and if we don't say anything about them,
I guess it is up to each individual server what it wants to do in the event
that there are multiple variants for a resource.  Maybe that's ok until
WebDAV has a versioning spec ready, which shouldn't be too long in any case.

I guess if you search on any variant-related properties, they will not be
the HTTP headers Content-Language, etc., but the corresponding DAV
properties getcontentlanguage, etc.  I do not think you can get access to
all available variants by doing this.  The WebDAV property definitions say
they have the value you would see in an HTTP GET response where the request
had no accept headers.  This should identify the variant that would be
returned if the client expressed no preference, not give you a list of all
available variants.

--Judy

At 02:56 PM 4/20/98 PDT, Saveen Reddy (Exchange) wrote:
>To be specific ... I agree that DASl should say nothing about versioning or
>variants until WebDAV does.
>
>We are in agreement on the second point as well -- DASL supports searching
>on those properties but (for the time being at least) takes no further
>stance on variants.
>
>-Saveen

Name:			Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:		slein@wrc.xerox.com