RE: [SCXML] bad tests with inline values

Thank you for the comments.  I'm sorry to be late in responding to them. I will be looking at the tests in the new year and will investigate further then.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: David Junger [mailto:tffy@free.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:27 PM
To: Voice Public List
Subject: [SCXML] bad tests with inline values

I have recently added (finally!) parsing inline JS/JSON and XML in <content> and <data> in my implementation. I noticed that a few revelant tests are not taking into account the latest requirements in this area:

Test 578 intends to send an object, but the inline string is not valid JSON because property names are not quoted, thus it gets a string as fallback. When you fix this, note that valid JSON must only use double quotes (") to delimit strings.

In tests 529 and 179, the inline value is a valid JSON string (therefore it should be parsed as such) whose interpretation is be a number, not a string (since there are no quotes). The condition should be rewritten with a loose == to allow both JSON and space-normalized text (which is possible when the implementation doesn't support JSON).

			David