RE: More issues with the tests

Stefan,
  Comments in-line set off by '>>'

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Radomski [mailto:radomski@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 8:56 AM
To: www-voice@w3.org (www-voice@w3.org)
Subject: More issues with the tests

Hi again,

I had my interpreter run every test in the IRP and there are some remaining issues [1]:

- test153: XSLT transformation creates a cond="Var1/text() <Var2/text() " attribute
>> When I run this through confECMA.xsl, I get "Var1<Var2"
- test178: There is no _event.raw attribute specified in the draft
- test226: Wrong filename extension .txml vs .scxml in dependency
>> fixed
- test302-304: datamodel attribute is missing
>> fixed
- test321: Contains a variable name "$_sessionid"
>> fixed
- test323: Contains a variable name "$_name"
>> fixed
- test329: Would you consider it in spec to assign to attributes within the _event object? It's a convenient place to store things we computed per event processing.
>> This is worth some thought, but in general it is dangerous to let code modify system variables.  I suppose that we could define a specific location in _event that platforms could modify and leave the rest readonly.  We can certainly consider this in a future draft of the spec.
- test330: There are some namespace issues with only the finalize elements having the correct namespace
>> ?? This one works fine when I run it though confECMA.xsl
- test333-339: You test for null, I set these to the empty string - spec says to leave "blank"
>> I would think that these and test488 should all work the same way.  I'll send around a separate email on the subject.
- test436 + 441b: requires NULL datamodel
>> The spec requires support for the null datamodel.  The idea was that there has to be something in common so that you can run basic tests on all platforms.  I don't know if this is really useful or not.
- test456: Expects undefined + 1 to be 1?
>> Fixed (variable initialized to 0)
- test463-486b: require xpath datamodel
- test488: Expects _event.data to be the empty string, whereas I have it as undefined
>> see comment on 333-339
- test537-547 + 555: require path datamodel

With the exception of 301 and 569, all others are passed by uSCXML for the ecmascript datamodel. There is also some mentioning of an exmode attribute with the SCXML element that is unspecified afaict.
>> Yes, exmode used to be in the spec and has been removed.  I forgot to remove the tests that mention it.  You should skip them.

Best regards
  Stefan

[1] https://github.com/tklab-tud/uscxml#test-reports