Re: serializing datamodels

Hey there,

I discovered similar problems when I was trying to implement the submit
tag of VoiceXML [1]. Here the specification reads

"When an ECMAScript variable is submitted to the server its value is
first converted into a string before being submitted. If the variable is
an ECMAScript Object the mechanism by which it is submitted is not
currently defined. The mechanism of ECMAScript Object submission is
reserved for future definition. Instead of submitting ECMAScript Objects
directly, the application developer may explicitly submit properties of
Object as in "date.month date.year"."

Questions to this list were not conclusive. Therefore, I decided to be
as flexible as possible and allowed to configure the indented behvior.
It would be good to have a common definition over the different
standards which would make it easier to combine e.g. VoiceXML submits
with an SCXML backend.

Best,
Dirk

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/#dml5.3.8