From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Michel Brabants
Sent: 22 September 2008 11:33
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Vxml grammar with termtimeout=0s. How should the intrepeter
react?

Hello,

I've written a small vxml-grammar and the product on which we use it is
not reacting like I think it should. Could someone confirm or correct
what the expected behaviour should be according to vxml 2.1?

This is the grammar (I know it could be written better :)):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<grammar xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar" xml:lang="en-US"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar

http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/grammar.xsd
<http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/grammar.xsd> "
         version="1.0" mode="dtmf" root="NatRegNumber">

<rule id="digit" scope="public">
        <one-of>
                <item>0</item>
                <item>1</item>
                <item>2</item>
                <item>3</item>
                <item>4</item>
                <item>5</item>
                <item>6</item>
                <item>7</item>
                <item>8</item>
                <item>9</item>
        </one-of>
</rule>

<rule id="NatRegNumber" scope="public">
<!--A National registry number is permitted, or not input.-->
<one-of>
        <item>
                <item repeat="1-11">
                        <ruleref uri="#digit"/>
                </item>
                <item repeat="0-1">
                        #
                </item>
        </item>
        <item>#</item>
</one-of>
</rule>

</grammar>

Termtimeout=0s and there is no termchar. Interdigittimeout and timeout
are 3s. The interpreter doesn't end immediately after the '#', but waits
the interdigittimeout. Shouldn't it end immediately?

-------------------------------------
Another one. I've written the following grammar:

\d{11}?

Termchar is '#' and termtimeout > 0s. If I only enter '#' on the phone,
shouldn't it pass as a valid input because I've entered dtmf input, so
that the no-input can't be thrown (according to the examples in the
specification). The input actually passes the grammar as I allow empty
input. Am I correct or wrong?

Thank you for your help and kind regards,

Michel

Michel Brabants
Telindus NV
Geldenaaksebaan 335, B-3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Mailto:michel.brabants@telindus.be <Mailto:michel.brabants@telindus.be>

Telindus. Change things your way.
http://www.telindus.be <http://www.telindus.be>