Re: Relationship to WS-CDL

Hi Steve and Kohei,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful suggestions!

I'm Kazuyuki Ashimura, the W3C Voice Browser Activity Lead, and have
talked with Yves Lafon, the W3C Web Services Activity Lead, about your
comment on the relationship between WS-CDL and SCXML [1].

The discussion may be summarized as follows:

* Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure about WS-CDL and Yves is not quite
  sure about SCXML either at the moment. So I (and the Voice Browser
  Working Group) will check WS-CDL resources (e.g. Primer [2] and an
  educational video [3]), and Yves also will read SCXML working draft
  and check what it's like. And we will discuss how we can collaborate
  later again.

* One of what we need to figure out is whether the system architecture
  for Voice/Multimodal applications is a "decentralized" model or
  not, because if it's decentralized, joint work between the two
  Working Groups would be helpful. And even if not, we still might be
  able to consider the reuse of CDL to dynamically generate SCXML on
  endpoints.

BTW, I'd like to note that the architecture for Voice-enabled Web
application is being tackled by the Voice Browser Working Group in
collaboration with the Multimodal Interaction Working Group. So we may
want to consider the cooperation with the Multimodal Interaction Working
Group as well.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2007AprJun/0017.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/chor/
[3] http://www.pi4tech.com/tutorials/Tutorial_1.mov

Best regards,

Kazuyuki

--
Kazuyuki Ashimura / W3C MMI & Voice Activity Lead
mailto: ashimura@w3.org