RE: [PLS1.0] i18n comment: 3066 or its successor

At 21:40 06/12/15, Richard Ishida wrote:

>> > R103-20:
>> > Resolution: Accepted
>> >
>> > - Request to reference: "RFC3066 or its successors"
>> > - Discussion on the right reference.
>> > - [3] includes a version you suggested.
>> > - If it is fine, please send final acceptance
>> >
>> > + E-mail Trail
>> > - Original Comment Richard Ishida (2006-03-21)
>> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2006JanMar/0079.html
>> > - VBWG official response to last call issue VBWG (2006-05-26)
>> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2006AprJun/0085.html
>> > - Comment to VBWG official response Richard Ishida (2006-07-28)
>> >   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-voice/2006JulSep/0027.html
>

>Instead of:
>===============
>[BCP47]
>    IETF BCP 47, currently represented by Tags for the Identification of
>Languages, A. Phillips, M. Davis, Editors. IETF, September 2006. This RFC is
>available at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt.
>================
>
>Please point to BCP47 using one of the following URIs
>-      ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/bcp/bcp47.txt
>-      http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt

I very much suggest you do not use either of the above, but
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt. This not only means
you don't need to wait for the rfc-editor to make up its
mind about ftp vs. http, but it also means that you clearly
show that this BCP and the RFCs it subsumes is approved
by the IETF, and was produced by an IETF WG.

While technically, the copy at
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/bcp/bcp47.txt
originates from one of the former localions (most probably
the ftp one), the rfc editor is not much more than a
combination of webmaster and official proofreader when
translated to W3C terms.

Regards,    Martin.