From: www-voice-request@w3.org [mailto:www-voice-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Nestor Urquiza
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:16 PM
To: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: [scxml] custom actions

Hello guys,
I am reading the specs at [1] and I am wondering if
instead to write as the example there shows:

<datamodel>
  <data name="dest" expr="'tel:+18315552020'"/>
  <data name="connectionid"/>
</datamodel>
<onentry>
  <send targettype="ccxml" event="ccxml:createcall"
namelist="dest"/>
</onentry>
<transition event="ccxml:createcall.success">
   <assign name="connectionid"
expr="_eventdata.connectionid"/>
</transition>

I can just write:

<onentry>
  <var name="dest" expr="'tel:+18315552020'"/>
  <var name="connectionid"
expr="ccxml:createcall(dest)"/>
</onentry>

If the namespace is just local java code for example
instead of ccxml the above is perfectly valid and in
fact I have been using that approach in my application
which currently uses scxml-commons as the
implementation for SCXML.

Thanks!,
Nestor
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml