RE: VBWG official response to last call issue

Hi, Dom,

Regarding your issue:

"- the notion of XML well-formed document is bound to XML 1.0 in the spec;
is there any discussion on accepting also XML 1.1?"

VBWG Response: Deferred

Given that VoiceXML relies on a normative XMLSchema schema, using XML 1.1
would mean that the current 1.0 schema would cease to work, since the
definition of xsd:string, used in many places in VoiceXML, doesn't account
for new XML 1.1 characters.

XML Schema 1.1 is expected to address this problem [1] and would thus allow
us to write a 1.1 schema for VoiceXML 2.1 based on XML 1.1.
XMLSchema 1.1 is not yet aligned with XML 1.1 yet (e.g. see [2]); thus, the
VBWG has chosen to leave VoiceXML 2.1 dependent on XML 1.0 only.
The VBWG will address this issue in a future version of VoiceXML.

Regards,
Matt

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xmlschema11-2-20050224/reqs.html#xml1.1
[2]