RE: Browser Support for Grammar Precedence Rules in VXML

Yes that is that part of the VXML specification that I am referring to.

I am sure that the browser vendors must be members of this list.  I would be interested to hear whether or not they *fully* comply with the specifcation in this regard.  Complying while maintaining recogniser independance would seem to be a non-trivial task to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kusnitz [mailto:jk@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, 4 December 2003 12:15 p.m.
To: Harvey, Chris
Cc: www-voice@w3.org
Subject: Re: Browser Support for Grammar Precedence Rules in VXML

Are you refering to the rules defined in 3.1.4 of the VoiceXML
specification?  I'd be a little surprised if someone claimed to support
VoiceXML 2.0 and didn't support them.  Implementation *should* be
independent of the speech recognizer, but I can imagine there might be
instances where a recognizer has limitations which make it difficult or
impossible to implement for the browser (if the recognizer only supported
a single active grammar, for example)

Jeff