Re: Question about using TTS via the prompt element in VXML

I wrote:
> I think voices in VXML are what fonts are in HTML (or TeX, or Post-
> Script)... Maybe that's a good analogy when discussing this question.

One more item: systems using fonts almost always also have a mapping
mechanism, so that I can map the "Times" request to a similar font
that is available on my system. See e.g. GhostScript's Fontmap, or
dvips's psfonts.map. That way both system administrator / integrator
and VXML author have ways to control the selection of fonts / voices.

/lutz

--
Lutz Birkhahn                                       System Software Engineer
Adomo Inc. --  10001 N. De Anza Boulevard Suite 220  --  Cupertino, CA 95014