RE: CCXML working group status

For further clarification on Raj's issue #3:

In other words, if <createcall> is truly asynchronous, then the variable specified by "conid" can't be assigned until it's known the call was even started.  That is, I would imagine a "connection.PROGRESSING" event is delivered on a successfull call start, in which case a "conid" is know.  But on a failure, "conid" is not even useful (because there is no need to have a conid... there is no connection).  However.... is there "failure" event for createcall?

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Raj Kiran Talusani [mailto:raj@phonologies.com]
 Sent: Sat 11/29/2003 10:13 AM
 To: www-voice@w3.org
 Subject: CCXML working group status

 Hello,

 There are many things in CCXML specification that need clarification
 from the working group.
 You can see all the mails from "Tracy" to know few of them :-).

 Essentially,

 1. Spec doesnot define standard events for all the elements that are
 executed asynchronously
 2. for elements like <createcall> <createconference> platform has to
 assign an id after successful execution.
     But these elements are supposed to be fully async. So, how do we
 assign the id without knowing the outcome of the execution?
     if the execution fails there is no point in assigning an ID? But if
 we wait for the result then the execution becomes semi-async.

 3. What happens to the document execution, when an error event occures?
 do we stop the execution? or let the error handler decide what
 to do next and continue the execution?

 4. ccxml.loaded is supposed to be the first event a ccxml session
 receives. But a <createccxml> session can pass a "start event".
 so, in this case which one is first executed ? ccxml.loaded OR "start
 event" ?

 I really appreciate if someone concerned can reply back.

 Raj Kiran Talusani.