RE: ACCEPT attribute for grammars

This is basically what we do.

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Jeff Kusnitz [mailto:jk@us.ibm.com]
 Sent: Tue 11/25/2003 1:26 PM
 To: Wolfeld,Jeff
 Cc: www-voice@w3.org
 Subject: Re: ACCEPT attribute for grammars

 A browser wouldn't have to generate six different grammars, it would have
 to generate one grammar with six or so rules (or possibly one rule with a
 number of optional parts).

   $command = $stargazer | $astrophysics | $news |
                              ( $stargazer $astrophysics ) | ( $stargazer
 $news ) | ( $stargazer $astrophysics $news ) |
   $stargazer = Stargazer;
   $astrophysics = Astrophysics;
   $news = News;

 Something to that effect anyway..

 Jeff

 > How are voice browser developers expected to implement
 ACCEPT="APPROXIMATE"
 > in grammars?  It appears to be defined for VXML, but there is no such
 > provision in SRGS+XML.  The only way I can see is to create multiple
 SRGS
 > grammars, one for each legal combination of words.  For example,
 "Stargazer
 > Astrophysics News" would require six grammars:
 >
 > Stargazer Astrophysics News
 > Stargazer Astrophysics
 > Astrophysics News
 > Stargazer
 > Astrophysics
 > News

 "Wolfeld,Jeff" <jwolfeld@cisco.com>
 Sent by: www-voice-request@w3.org
 11/25/2003 12:20 PM

 How are voice browser developers expected to implement
 ACCEPT="APPROXIMATE"
 in grammars?  It appears to be defined for VXML, but there is no such
 provision in SRGS+XML.  The only way I can see is to create multiple SRGS
 grammars, one for each legal combination of words.  For example,
 "Stargazer
 Astrophysics News" would require six grammars:

 Stargazer Astrophysics News
 Stargazer Astrophysics
 Astrophysics News
 Stargazer