RE: VoiceXML - limit max call time?

Hi Chris,

My 2c worth - what you are looking for is not as far as I am aware possible
in 2.0 standard vxml
 - no standard property
 - not by "time counting" within dialogs etc (determining prompt lengths
plus timeouts etc) as bargein and http access times are not deterministic)
 - not by tracking it on the server side (as can't interrupt the dialog on
the browser side when the server side times out - although this would be a
good feature also - offered by some browser vendors as a proprietary
extension....)

The closest you might be able to do is via a combination of the above plus
an ecma script unit that is called as often as possible within the dialog -
but this is fairly disgusting and probably won't get you an accuracy greater
than your 'timeout'.

Alternatively you could ask your friendly vxml browser vendor if they have a
proprietry extension to allow this functionality (eg a
com.<browservendor>.maxcalltimeout property that provokes the throwing of a
com.<browservendor>.calltimeout event when the time is up would be IMHO
pretty flexible).

A+

Brian

[Brian Wyld] [brian.wyld@eloquant.com]
[Directeur General R&D]
[Eloquant SA] [+33 476 77 46 92] [www.eloquant.com]
[advanced solutions for telecoms and IT services]