Re: TTS for Semitic languages

TTS engines are designed to automatically insert vowels to match
how an average human would speak the language, see e.g.

http://flrc.mitre.org/reports/All_Products_LID_TYPE.pl?TYPE=SPEECH

you can also try searching on "diacritizer" in google.

 Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>  W3C lead for voice and multimodal.
 http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett +44 1225 866240 (or 867351)