Re: Changing barge in during speech recognition

Mark Clark wrote:
> In section 4.1.5 you make the following statement:
>
> "In the case where several prompts are queued, the bargein attribute of each
> prompt is honored during the period of time in which that prompt is playing"
>
> I am concerned about the scenario where a barge in *true* prompt is followed
> by a barge in *false* prompt while waiting for speech input. I have not yet
> encountered a speech recognition engine that allows recognition to ignore
> input once recognition waiting has begun.

What about the following solution?
* speech recognition is started and output of a barge in *true* prompt
is running
* /user says nothing/
* output of a barge in *false* prompt should start
* speech recognition is stopped
* output of a barge in *false* prompt is finished
* speech recognition is started again

Every speech engine can be used to achieve this behaviour.

Hovever, I cannot think of a real situation where a barge in
*true* prompt is followed by a barge in *false* prompt.

    Pavel

  Pavel Cenek   Ph.D. student         email: xcenek@fi.muni.cz
  Laboratory of Speech and Dialogue   www: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xcenek
  Faculty of Informatics, MU Brno     lab page: http://www.fi.muni.cz/lsd

  Currently affiliated with Norut IT  http://www.itek.norut.no/itek/
  Tromsoe, Norway as guest researcher
  Elvira - VoiceXML platform          http://gin2.itek.norut.no/elvira/
  Core technology for building dialogue applications and voice browsers