RE: IPA encoding

Gerasimo,

The following book is also very useful if you want to use IPA with
an number of European, Asian and other languages.

  Handbook of the International Phonetic Association : A Guide to
  the Use of the International Phonetic Alphabet
  Cambridge Univ Pr (Pap Txt); ISBN: 0521637511; (August 1999)

--Andrew Hunt
  SpeechWorks