Re: Mulimodal browser

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, Derek Schwenke wrote:

>     Is "mulimodal browser" still part of the voice browser
> working group? I saw some good papers at the "workshop on the
> Multimodal Web" which talked about starting a new group. Has the
> scope been defined? Also, do you know if related work is being
> done at the WAP forum, SMIL, or MPEG groups?

The plan is to launch standards work on multimodal interaction
as a new working group. A request for proposals was posted a
while back now, and W3C is now awaiting detailed proposals as
a basis for drawing up an activity proposal and charter. See:

  http://www.w3.org/Voice/multimodal-rfp.html

Regards,

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> or <dave.raggett@openwave.com>
W3C Visiting Fellow, see http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
tel/fax: +44 122 578 3011 (or 2521) +44 771 213 7629 (mobile)