Re: Plea for help!

On December  7, you (Charles Petrie) wrote
:> > Can we please split this mailing list into two lists? I propose
:> > the "www-vlib" and "www-vlib-announce" paradigm, where the
:> > latter is a superset of the former, and is for important messages
:> > only. www-vlib would be for statistics, discussions, whatever.
:> >
:> > >From someone who already gets too much mail.
:> >
:> > AdamM
:> > (Dance)
:> >
:> >
:>I strongly recommend this action. In particular, I simply don't
:>have time right now for all of the "usage" discussion and the
:>messages it generates.
:> cp
:>
:>-----------------------------------
:>Stanford Center for Design Research
:>WWW URL http://cdr.stanford.edu/
:>-----------------------------------
:>

Charles, the split has already been done!

To be removed from www-vlib, just send a mail to listproc@info.cern.ch
with the body:
DEL WWW-VLIB

For those who want www-vlib to be open, how far should we go ?

1/ we don't announce it. It's just open to new subscriptions
2/ I announce it only in
http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/DataSources/bySubject/coordination.html

3/ We announce it in several other pages, such as
http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/Administration/Mailing/Overview.html

4/ We announce it even more! Sending an email to
www-announce@info.cern.ch (2 800 subscribers),
or net-happenings, a few selected newsgroups...

I think if we take solution 4, we need to have a moderator. Someone
volunteers ? (Otherways, I will do it, as I already moderate
www-announce)

Arthur