Re: Privacy policy

> On Jan 26, 2023, at 9:18 AM, Jason Day <jasonbyday@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>  I looked through that linked policy, and it doesn't explicitly mention the code that the validator scans. Having that explicitly called out would help.

Yea, it might be better to explicitly mention the validator/tools. However, the core of the privacy statement is:

"We log http requests to our site [...] indefinitely [...]"

I.e., you should assume they record everything and keep it forever, so best not to send anything confidential. Of course, this advice applies to all public websites.

The stats page shows some of the aggregate data they collect on submitted markup:

https://validator.w3.org/nu/stats.html

Text input was used about 85K times in the last week or so.

- Chuck