continue message

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Daniel Lamberti <daniellamberti@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 2:27 PM
Subject: issue with encoding
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hello, my name is Daniel Lamberti, I have a website and I would like to
have a W3C validation on each of my pages (as I had before, when my site
was XHTML).
I migrate my website from XTHTML to HTML5. I changed DOCTYPE and rewrote
all code under correct html5 rules.
When I try to validate the pages I get next warnings messages:

[image: Captura de pantalla 2022-01-01 a la(s) 14.26.55.png]

No matter what I try I always get same result, for some reason W3C
validator does not recognize utf-8 encoding, and point out all the time
that the document is under windows-1252 encoding.
I save the index.html with and without BOM, I tried to save the document on
a text editor making sure that is utf-8 encoding, but never get success.
I tried just tu save another .html file, completely empty (just with
regular head, body with a h1 "hello") and I got same result.

What am I doing wrong? those 3 error messages are the only ones, I get no
other error messages with, I guess, means that all the code on the html5
pages is correct, no issues. But I cannot get the validation because o this
encoding issue.

Thank you in advance for all your help and guide.
Daniel Lamberti
www.daniellamberti.com