Re: Changed file reports previous contents error even though source shows new content

C.W. Holeman II (cwhii_gm@julianlocals.com) wrote:

'Error: Element categories_list not allowed as child of element body
> in this context.'

There is no such element in HTML. The error message is generic in the sense
that it is also issued when an element is in HTML but not allowed in the
context where it is used.

When the validator processes a head element and encounters an element that
is not one of the elements allowed there, it apparently treats it as
implicitly terminating the head element and starting a body element. Then
it notices that it isn’t allowed inside it either.

> Is reported on new version of page. Source shows new corrected content.
>
> Offending item moved from <body> to <head>
>
> I cannot figure out what that means, but it sounds like you added content
like
<categories_list>
into an HTML document.

In future, please post (as text) the URL of a document that you have
problems with. In this case it was
https://julianlocals.com/ilm/pages/generate.shtml?hidden_art

Jukka K. Korpela
https://jkorpela.fi