Interlingua misidentified as Spanish

From: Ruud Harmsen <infor@rudhar.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 19:13:41 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

When checking my page https://rudhar.com/musica/dissdomi.htm as
HTML5 in the validator https://validator.w3.org/, I got this
warning message:
== Begin quote ==
Warning: This document appears to be written in Spanish but the
html start tag has lang="ia". Consider using lang="es" (or
variant) instead.

 From line 1, column 16; to line 2, column 14

TYPE html> <html lang=ia> <head
== End quote ==

However, the language tag is actually correct and intended,
because the page is in Interlingua, which, it is true, somewhat
resembles Spanish and Italian, but certainly isn't the same.

I have quite a few such pages on my website, as listed in this
menu page:
https://rudhar.com/lingtics/intrlnga/
More info about Interlingua is here:
https://www.interlingua.com/