Re: [www-validator] <none>

On 10/01/2021 17:32, Gilbert, Kenneth C wrote:
> This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
> You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that
> the email is genuine and the content is safe.
>
> In an assignment for Django for Everybody, I created a web page on
> Pythonanywhere.  The assignment required that Icheck it in W3C HTML
> Validator. The code is given below, and the link is
> https://www.pythonanywhere.com/user/kennyg/files/home/kennyg/django_projects/mysite/site/dj3e.htm.
>

> The page displays fine in chrome. When I paste the code into W3C the
> HTML Validator as text, I only get a warning. When I put the link into
> the validator, I get a bunch of errors. The output is a the bottom of
> the email.

What are you expecting from this list?

They are not in a position to change pythonanywhere or django, nor
should they change the W3C spec to suit a mal-forming tool.

As it happens - have another look at the errors your getting:

Your test has '<title> Ken Gilbert b8a0ca</title>', the validator has
'<title>Login: PythonAnywhere</title>'

You're not testing what you think you're testing

--
Ian Stuart.
Perl & Python developer,