Re: possible issue

The error is correct.

RFC3986 states that
    A URI is a sequence of characters from a very limited set: the
    letters of the basic Latin alphabet, digits, and a few special
    characters.

The list of "unreserved characters" is then defined as

    unreserved  = ALPHA / DIGIT / "-" / "." / "_" / "~"

.... so in your href, you should have encoded both the round AND square
braces

--
Ian Stuart.
Perl & Python developer,