Re: Private Use are of font

Hello Dave,
what Jukka is saying is that, in the context of the Web (and not the
context of a specific browser), you have no guarantee that the user
agent displaying your site is going to respect the font file you wish to
use: CSS can be disabled, external fonts can be disabled, the user can
decide that he doesn't want to use a website specified font and override
it... Those are perfectly acceptable user agent behaviors, and the
Validator reminds you that: the Web is not what you see in the hegemonic
"Web brower".
Regarding SMuFL and private code points: it's not on a standard track,
and considering that the W3C is a direct user of the Unicode
specifications which have their own lifecycle, you shouldn't expect W3C
toying with it for the "general but not universal" case (because the Web
is not only about rendering documents in a graphical user interface for
non visually-impaired people).

Damien