Re: 500 Can't connect to https://turkishclassified.com :443

 O'Guin, Jules D. (jdo09280@ccv.vsc.edu) wrote:

Probably a misconfigured security certificate on the turkishclassified.com
> website.

Such a misconfiguration would not cause this problem.

> Sale</a></li>

Markup validators do not follow normal <a href=...> links; they just parse
the elements (unless they can do "recursive" validation, and I don't think
the W3C validator can). Besides, when the page's URL is an http: URL, this
link would use the same protocol instead of using the HTTPS port 443.

When I  use the validator to check the page
https://residencepermitturkey.com I get one warning and two error messages
very different from the one in the original post:

Error: End of file seen without seeing a doctype first. Expected <!DOCTYPE
html>.
Error: Element head is missing a required instance of child element title.
Warning: Consider adding a lang attribute to the html start tag to declare
the language of this document.

Something odd is going on here, since when I check "Show source", the
"Source" section in te validator's response is empty, and the actual
content of the page seems to be rather different: when view HTML source and
cut and paste it, using "Validate by Direct Input", I get "122 Errors, 29
warning(s)".

Jukka