Previously passed now errors.

From: Millicent Metzler <m.metzler@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 12:14:34 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
http://www.idga.net/

App. 50 page site <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN"> */previously passed .. now 9 errors each page from
drop down menu./* Error: |<ul id="*d*dsubmenu1" class="ddsubmenustyle">

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a
document it must have a different value. IT DOES. If you are using this
attribute as a hook for style sheets (I AM) it may be more appropriate
to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to
identify exactly one element).

Sorry but I don't understand.  Please help. Thank you, Millie Metzler

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.

---
https://www.avg.com