Scammers using the W3C validator

From: W Thomas Leroux <tom@darnermedia.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:41:46 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi there

I’m on the phone with some scammers that are using the https://validator.w3.org <https://validator.w3.org/> validator - they asked me to type in my email address into the validator to “prove” that my email had been hacked.

You might want to consider putting a note in there about that - or at least something that catches email addresses.

On the plus side, I managed to string them along for 25 minutes before they caught on that I was pulling their leg.

Thomas.