From: Barry J. Sullens <bsullens@ivytech.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 8:13 PM - 20:13 PM
To: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Validator fails to catch <p> left open

This message is from an external sender. Please be careful when clicking on links and attachments.

  1.  <!doctype html> <!-- Author: Sandra Hufford -->↩
  2.  <html lang="en"> <!-- Date Written: 02/12/19 -->↩
  3.  <head> <!-- Description: Lab04 -->↩
  4.  <title>Lab04: Currency Conversions using Functions</title>↩
  5.  <meta charset="utf-8" />↩
  6.  <link rel="stylesheet" href="lab04.css" />↩
  7.  </head>↩
  8.  <body>↩
  9.  <div id="wrapper">↩
  10. <h1>Lab04: Currency Conversions using Functions</h1> ↩
  12. ↩
  13. ↩
  14. ↩
  15. <footer>&copy; 2019. Ivy Tech Community College. </footer>↩
  16. </div><!--wrapper-->↩
  17. </body>↩
  18. </html>

I teach web development at Ivy Tech Community College. I require all my development students to validate before submitting their work for grading. The validator should catch the missing </p> on line 11, but it does not. Please advise.

Barry J. Sullens

Assistant Professor
School of Information Technology
Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast
Changing Lives. Making Indiana Great.

Phone: 260-480-2049 | Office Hours<http://www.sullens.net/>
Appointments: 260-480-4157 | Make an appointment<https://cas.ivytech.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fivytech.starfishsolutions.com%2Fstarfish-ops%2Fsession%2FcasLogin.html>
Coliseum Campus, Room CC2334 | 3800 North Anthony Boulevard | Fort Wayne, Indiana 46805

[cid:image001.jpg@01D32880.E896ACB0]
Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is Proprietary, Confidential, or legally privileged or protected. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information it contains.