Re: Specification of SVG header with DOCTYPE TRANSITIONAL

Hi David

Thanks for the quick response. I accept the fact that my efforts at
adding appropriate headers to working svgs (some of which are
animations) from 2010  are "wrong" -- after multiple trials with
validator and detailed examination of specs on other pages.

I had assumed that I could focus on the headers and not get into the
content of the svgs which I understand could be written otherwise
according to newer specs. However one of the validator msgs indicated
that with the svg attributes I was using I should instead be using a
transitional/loose spec which seems only to be indicated as valid for
html docs. No examples seem to exist of loose with svg -- so the
message is misleading as I read it. My efforts at tweaking the doctype
are then understandably wrong

So back to square one. No quick fix. So I need a correct doctype for
svg,  but I assume I am obliged to use the strict form -- meaning I
have to get my head back into the coding of the attributes in the
content  for a bunch of files -- precisely what I was trying to avoid

I  attach  a raw original standalone as an example -- it does not have a doctype

Tony

--
Anthony Judge
<anthony.judge@gmail.com>