Re: <html dir="ltr" lang="en-US"> tag

On 7/2/16, John E. Davey <sixa369@mwt.net> wrote:
> WC3 People--
>
> This weekend, the validator at https://validator.w3.org/nu/ started
> issuing a "warning" "recommending" the addition of this <html dir="ltr"
> lang="en-US"> tag to my web pages.
>
> While this may seem simple, especially to CMS's  doing this to 100's of
> hand coded pages is a momentous job, perhaps impossible in my current
> health condition.

This isn't specifically www-validator, BUT at the same time, it does
help users maintain their documents faster, more efficiently which in
turn encourages more participation.. Yeah, that's it! :)

That said... Apologies I actually can't think of an example right now,
but there *are* text editors out there that will edit multiple
documents at the same time. The prerequisite is that the original
line(s) the user wants to edit must be exactly the same, or it doesn't
work. :)

There are also terminal command line.. commands in Linux based
operating systems that allow the user to perform a similar function
across multiple files. I just did a quick search on that topic using
the following:

how do i edit multiple text documents using terminal command line

That received a variety of possibilities back so that where some
number of those answers might not fit any given user's personal style
or cognitive abilities (comprehension level), maybe something else
among those vast possibilities might.

Hope this helps someone's HTML editing become just a little more user
friendly from now on.. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey