Re: Error: No p element in scope but a p end tag seen.

David Dorward wrote:
>> How can one be confident that such information is authoritative, Steve ?
> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Github marks the W3C teams on Github as official.
>
>> Why is it not sited within the w3.org domain ?
> Presumably because outsourcing git management to GitHub gives better results for the investment than doing it in house.
OK, all understood, but would it not be better if this were transparent to the end user ?  In other words, should not citations of W3C specifications (in part or whole, draft or ratified, etc.) be always to URLs within the w3.org domain, and those URLs then re-direct to Github or wherever ?  As an end-user, I have no way of knowing whether http://w3c.github.io/html/dom.html#phrasing-content is authoritative or not, and the mere fact that the W3C officially sanctioned the use of Github in 2006 merely increases (very marginally) the /probability/ of it being authoritative but in no way confirms whether or not it /is/ authoritative.
> The [?material?] also appears in the latest non-draft version of the spec. https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/dom.html#phrasing-content
Fine, thank you, that is very helpful.

--

Philip Taylor