Re: and it passed xhtml strict

On 28 Dec 2016, at 18:50, Eric Richards wrote:
> I went edit a file with notepad a few hours after it had passed xhtml
> strict and found a couple of " where i am sure the validator should
> said to replace with “ or ” or whatever

XHTML never requires that you use `“` or `”` since the
characters they represent have no special meaning in XHTML.

If `"` ever needs replacing, it will be with `"`. It isn’t
possible to say if you are correct about the validator being in error
because you didn’t provide a [test case][1].

[1]: http://sscce.org/