Re: ERROR: Bad value robots for attribute name on element meta

2014-02-28 12:46, "manfred köster" wrote:

> I checked my HTML 5 Page on w3c. Yesterday (and also before) it was
> checked valid.
> Since today i have the following error:

Such things may happen when using an experimental validator that checks
against some unspecified document that may and probably will change
daily. But in this case, this must be a temporary bug caused by some
update gone wrong:

> Bad value robots for attribute
> name on element meta: Keyword robots is not registered.

The "robots" keyword has been in the WHATWG Wiki for a long time, it has
reasonably good documentation, and it is wildly used, so it is difficult
to see why it would have been intentionally removed from the set of
keywords accepted by the validator.

Moreover, http://www.validator.nu accepts it, as before.

> |My meta tag:|
>
> |<meta name="robots" content="index, follow">|

That's OK. Completely redundant (it just states the default), but valid.

> Are there any changes to the keyword “robots” in HTM 5 documents?

No. It's not there at all, really, except indirectly via a reference to
the WHATWG Wiki. And no change in the reference, or the referenced
document in this matter.

 > Or is it just a temporary problem?

Must be.

Yucca